HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
With 2020 behind us, we are looking forward to a great new year at Bush River Yacht Club as 2021 brings with it the optimism that we can begin to resume events and activities, naturally, as safety permits. With only weeks left until Slip Assignment Day, the Board of Governors would like to take a moment to provide BRYC members with some highlights of its plans for the club and upcoming events.
The Board of Governors and the Holding Corporation began the planning of several improvements to the Bush River Yacht Club grounds and physical club in 2020 to improve security and to enhance the club experience! Some of those have been completed and others are under development and we are excited to share these updates.
- A new chain link fence has been constructed along much of the property’s northern boundary. The fencing joins the fencing at the front gate and extends behind the trailer slips continuing to the water’s edge. The fencing will provide additional security and assist in preventing transient foot traffic from the neighboring community onto the club property.
- The Holding Corporation funded a new storage shed which is located behind the main club building.
- New poly-wood outdoor deck furniture has been purchased ($25,000) and will be delivered over the next couple of weeks. The furniture will replace the existing wood furniture and will offer high-top table and chair seating, Adirondack chairs and chair-table settee combinations.
- Propane outdoor heaters and a fireplace have been purchased and have been placed on the deck for use.
- A permanent roof will be constructed over the deck that will cover the area that adjoins the southwest facing windows and the Duck Blind Bar. To accommodate this construction, the current Duck Blind Bar and its existing canopy will be removed and will be replaced with a new outdoor bar. The goal for completion for this construction is April 1st.
To support the safety of our membership and to sustain our Covid-Responsible approaches at the club, some of the traditional calendar events scheduled during the 2021 winter months will be modified. This will include the 2021 BRYC Commodore’s Ball. The Commodore and First Lady have begun planning the event and are excited to host a Commodore’s Reception and Welcome Back Celebration at the club for all members and their families. Planning is underway and the event is scheduled for May 15th, so please reserve the date.
It is our intention to hold an in-person slip assignment day this year. While it is impossible to determine the logistics of that day at this point, we working to develop a plan to an in-person event that will be held at the club.
The Commodore, Bridge and Fleet Captain are working diligently to finalize and publish the 2021 Calendar of Events and the BRYC Float Plan. We appreciate your patience and understanding of the time and effort required to formulate plans for 2021 given all that must be considered during this time of pandemic. Please know that our members and their safety are our top priority. We’re working diligently to create events that support safety, promote a family friendly and inclusive environment, and promote enjoyment and lasting memories for every member of the BRYC family.
BRYC continues to offer unsurpassed value at all levels of membership. As we continue to navigate the pandemic, the continued and collective efforts of the Board of Governors, the Holding Corporation, and the support and involvement of our most valued assets, the BRYC members, are critical. We extend our appreciation for the individual and united contributions that support our ongoing commitment to being the best club on The Bay and a place that each member is proud to call their home port.
Please keep abreast of upcoming communications that will provide additional detail of our club plans and cruise schedule and we welcome any feedback to enhance our planning.
Better days are on the horizon and we can’t wait to see you soon!